We are looking for work that wows, that moves—work that is genuine and sincere. Send us your best.
THEME: The theme of our Spring/Summer 2021 issue is resilience. Toughness, adaptation in the face of adversity, the ability to bounce back—time and time again. Use the theme as a starting point (stay close to the theme or wander off). Show us what resilience means to you. Requirements: Please read the following carefully. Due to submission volume, pieces not following guidelines may not be read.
- Fiction & Nonfiction: 750 words max.
- Poetry: 1–3 poems. 500 words in total (preference for shorter poems).
- Art & Photography: 1–3 pieces, .jpg or .tiff (.tiff preferable). Submit each piece as its own file. Min resolution 300 dpi. Max file size 45 MB. Please note: regardless of resolution, the image you send us must look good. If you zoom in and the image is pixelated, we cannot use it.
- Formatting: Manuscripts should have your name, submission title, and page numbers.
- File naming: Please use the title of your piece.
- Make sure you're submitting to the proper genre. Miscategorized pieces may not be read.
- NOTE: The online and print journal are separate and exclusive. If you are published in one, you will not be published in the other.
- Finally, we welcome all writers and particularly seek to be a welcoming space to BIPOC writers, LGBTQ+ writers, and writers of all marginalized identities.
For the full list of submission guidelines and an FAQ, go here.